I attended the Dine Around launch event earlier tonight where we had the chance to sample a variety of bites and sips from some of the restaurants participating in this years Dine Around event. Luckily I brought a friend with a healthy appetite because we made sure to sample the offerings from each and every restaurant. There were some hits and there were definitely some misses too. Not all the restaurants part of this years Dine Around participated in this event but out of those that were there this is a list of the ones that deserve a mention.
- This is the second foodie event that I’ve attended where Buchart Gardens steals the show. Their plating of three tasters consisting of a croque monsieur, grilled chicken and chocolate lava cake were all delicious and well prepared.
- My fave Ulla is doing a revamp and will launch their new look and menu on the first day of Dine Around. Apparently they’re already starting to book up for the first few days and rightfully so. Their offerings of celery root soup and ling cod were beautifully plated with a number of complimentary accompaniments. Ulla’s famous creativity and dedication to quality really shone through.
- This is my first time trying sushi from Koto, but I have heard countless good things about them. Based on the sushi tasters they offered today it seems they specialize in fusion styles of sushi meaning fried rolls etc but each one was amazing. My friend and I kept on going back for more and now I can’t wait to check out Koto for Dine Around.
Church & State Winery
- I didn’t know they offered food but turns out this popular winery is offering dinner on the weekends for the Dine Around event. They had three offerings tonight an endive with bold gorgonzola cream, a braised beef short rib pastry and a light but decadent chocolate mousse. Best of all their $40 menu includes a glass of wine.
- I’m not totally sold on Canoe Club but maybe I’ll start to warm up to the place. Their food offering tonight of beef was tasty and tender and their Dine Around menu looks like a great value for money including items like steak frites.
I would also like to take this chance to shed some light on Saxon winery which was a great find tonight. Their organic wines really impressed especially their bubbly and their port. I’ll be heading to Spinnakers to pick up a bottle for the weekend!